As we restart our services we have introduced a number of measures to enable us to meet safely and minimise the potential spread of Covid-19. Below we have listed some of the key elements of this plan and at the bottom of the page there are links to our risk assessment and a more detailed plan for the services.
We would ask that you do not attend if you have any Covid-19 symptoms: a high temperature, a new continuous cough or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
- Social distancing: Due to limited space in our building we have adopted the 1m+ for social distancing. We believe that we have put enough other measures in place to mitigate against the extra risk of being closer together.
- One way system: There will be a one way system in operation which will be clearly marked.
- Ventilation: As much as is sensibly possible, we will leave windows and doors open to provide maximum ventilation.
- Track and Trace records: We will be keeping a record of attendence that we can provide that information to the government track and trace programme. We ask that at least one person from each household be willing to provide their name and telephone number for this. Data will be stored securely and removed after 21 days.
- Singing: We will follow government advice and we won’t be having congregational singing. Instead, we will have songs that have been pre-recorded.
- Face coverings: Current government guidance encourages that face coverings be worn in church services for the safety of others. We are asking that everyone wears a face covering during the service unless they are exempt according to government guidelines – children and those with particular medical conditions.