Whittlesey is a Fenland Market town situated about 6 miles east of Peterborough on the western edge of The Fens. The town and surrounding villages have a combined population of around 15,000 people. The town has existed for many centuries and has a number of old buildings of historical interest.
The Baptist Church was first formed officially in 1769 but records show that people with Baptist beliefs lived and worshipped in the town from as early as 1669. The current main church building was completed in 1836 with the old Sunday School and Manse added in the late 1800’s. In recent years further building work has added a large additional hall and other facilities at the rear of the main church building.
Check out our latest talks from the Bible, or subscribe to our Podcast.