The church is based on the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith and holds to the following statements (taken from ‘The Doctrine, Practice and Constitution’ document that all members agree to):
1. The Holy Scriptures, as originally given in the original languages are without error; the very words are inspired by God; they are the supreme authority as the only rule of faith and practice.
2. God as a Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit; each Person of the Trinity is the same in substance, equal in power and glory.
3. The essential, absolute and eternal deity of the Lord Jesus Christ; His conception by the Holy Ghost; His Birth of the Virgin Mary, His real but sinless humanity; His voluntary humiliation in life as a Man of Sorrows culminating in His substitutionary and atoning death as a sacrifice for sin; His resurrection from the dead on the third day in that very body that had lain in the tomb; His ascension into heaven as the only Mediator between God and man and His future return in power and glory.
4. The personality and deity of the Holy Spirit through whom the soul is born again to saving repentance and faith and by Whom God’s own people are sanctified through the truth.
5. Man’s utter ruin through the fall and his salvation solely by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, Whose righteousness imputed to him is the only ground of acceptance before God. In dying at Calvary Jesus redeemed a great company which no man can number, but who were foreknown and chosen in Christ by God the Father. These will God keep, in spite of opposition and temptation, to eternity.
6. The resurrection of the body, the judgement of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, the everlasting blessedness of the saved and the everlasting punishment of the lost.
7. The spiritual unity of all who truly believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and their duty to maintain in themselves and in the Church a standard of life and doctrine that is in conformity with the teaching of God’s Holy Word.
Check out our latest talks from the Bible, or subscribe to our Podcast.